You Faggot!

We were heading out of the airport when out of nothing, driver kind'a shrieked "sir sir camera camera"! He already knows I take photos of weird, interesting, rare and just 'out of this world' signs or signages!

Of course, I whipped my phone out, ready for action as I asked "hain, ano"?! He pointed to that jeep.
He even waited for this jeep before us to overtake it, so we could go nearer that one, our target jeep!

My aim focused at the whole jeep as I was not sure what or which part I needed to capture!
As we got nearer I heard driver excitedly exclaim "an surat sir, an sign"... so I kept aiming... and CLICK!

Got it! Here it is...
a jeep's mud flap is written with "Nga Bayot Ka"! meaning "You Faggot"!
We laughed for we did not understand why it was written there, thus, it sounded weirdly funny. Catchy!

Hard to translate to Tagalog or Bisaya that will still retain its comic tone. I think the nearest translation that maintains the heart of the expression is the English "You Faggot!", thus the title of this post hehe!

Ah well, the signs of our times... makabuang, bayota ka!


==========
Update: 2016JULY
-A reader msgd me on fb: that hanging thing is called a "mud flap"!






Post a Comment

0 Comments