The Beaches of Barangay Bacubac, Basey

Da! A deluge of letter Bs!

I was in Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar as guest of a ceremony. I was "on-time" (as always), but 'more important' guests were not. Make the long story short, I found my way to the beaches of Bacubac...

From the barangay's dirt road path, I could see those little shacks that I said must be beach huts
a view of some beach huts and San Pedro Bay in Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
So I went to one of them, just curious of the views from there, or how it felt being inside one of them.

Ahm, I was not disappointed. Not at all...
left-side beach at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
view of the calm bay and fish pens at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
right side view of the beach at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
beach and sea view with Tacloban City in the background at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar

A man at a nearby house told me this was their "purok" beach resort maintained by their wives. He added that there is another such purok-owned "resort" somewhere on the northern end of the beach.

So when I was done daydreaming at their 'resort', I went looking for the other 'resort', and this is it...
three little huts comprise this resort at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
The manong was right (and candidly honest enough to tell me) that "cottages" in this "other resort" of their barangay are bit better. Look, there are three cottages and the roofs of two are made of tin hehe!

The stretch of sand in this area is more level and cleaner. The views, fantastically the same...
another view of the beach and the sea with Tacloban City in the background at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
another view of the beach and the sea with Tacloban City in the background at Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
That land across is Tacloban City! Not clear on these pictures, but the naked eye could see edifices in Tacloban like the Leyte Park Hotel/Resort, the Astrodome, etc! Hmm, must also be good dusk views.

I noted, and this should be a discovery for many plane-spotters out there: this beach is opposite, has a direct view, but not perpendicular to Runway 36 of Tacloban's DZR Airport, therefore a good vantage!

Hey I moved further north of the beach and I saw this...
two little huts comprise this resort in Brgy. Bacubac, Basey Samar
The same wonderful views, another pair of little huts probably also called a resort. Rustic. I love them!

When you have been to luxuriously awesomized beaches and resorts, you just long for this kind, right?

Life is a cycle, it starts and ends with the basics. OMG, am I already "returning"? No, not yet!

Post a Comment

0 Comments