Balangkayan Fly-by

I was back in Eastern Samar, this time at the town of Balangkayan. Nothing much that I can tell you as you would be bored hearing about my work-related activities. But I saw memorable places at their town center, that, I think are worth sharing to you my fellow pinoy travelers. Like what? Like ang daming tao sa Palawan Express! Naka-gugulantang!

full frontal view of Balangkayan Municipal Hall with flagpole and fountain
Well, I saw their municipal hall, already refurbished - doon kasi sa loob ang meeting ko hehe! But I wanted to know and none could tell me, why there are 4 Philippine Flags and 3 Balangkayan Flags. What's the significance of those numbers? Hm, research I will!

And this (I think) is the town's catholic church still under repair and/or being renovated.
street view of the Parish of San Buenaventura under repair in Balangkayan Eastern Samar
It is sandwiched by residential houses! Ang sikip! I will know soon too. I often pass here.

I do see big old wooden houses in this town. Am just not sure if there are a lot of these.
highway view of a part of Balangkayan with big old wooden houses
I do know that small as it is, this is an old town, already existent since the Spanish era.

I pass here often, I'll see if I can get any more stories worth sharing from and about this place or its people. This town looks historic. There may be something worth exploring?

Like this one that I saw on my return to Tacloban from Borongan...
view of a highway signboard leading to Minasangay Island in Balangkayan Eastern Samar
It says "Minasangay Island". Hmm, what might that be, I will soon find out... Promise!

Post a Comment

0 Comments