Binogawan Beach But Briefly

It was "goodbye Oras" for me, I was going back to Borongan for more meetings. But a friend told me, even if out of the way, I could still go to Binogawan Beach just for me to look and see how it is today.

So I breezed through northwards - it is just about 9 kilometers from Oras (I think)!

I was awed at the length of their "pader" (concrete fence). This is probably just half of its entirety!
Binogawan Beach Resort contact numbers painted on their fence
And I purposely took the shot from this angle so I would remember those numbers - in case I need to reserve a room or ask about anything in the (very near) future. Yep, an interesting hideaway, I suspect!

This is what you see as you enter the resort's gate. Hmm.., interesting.., I suspect hahaha!
Binogawan Beach Resort, San Policarpo, Eastern Samar
C'mon, this town is already in the middle of nowhere, or should I say almost at the end of everywhere? Herearounds, everything is the simple rural life. Thus I got surprisingly excited seeing a resort like this!

Standing at the resort.., looking left.., this was the view!
Binogawan Beach Resort, San Policarpo, Eastern Samar
I guess those houses over at the end are probably residences at the central area of this barangay.

Same position.., I looked to the right.., and this was what I saw! Wow 'no?!
Binogawan Beach Resort, San Policarpo, Eastern Samar
Also guessing, that up to that end of the beach, is still Brgy. Binogawan, San Policarpo Eastern Samar.

Yep, I asked about this, so I am sure that.., Binogawan is a barangay of the town of San Policarpo, not Oras. It sits by the boundary between the two towns - and I hear most of their guests come from Oras!

Quick go-see of Binogawan resort done, I was going back south when I saw these on the roadside.
Bulad! Yes, dried fish in the making! I asked if I could buy some, owner said it was not quite done yet.

She asked me to walk to a shack by the beach to find if I can buy there. I foud it, but I was a day late!
Binogawan Beach, San Policarpo, Eastern Samar
The house owner/bulad-maker told me all their 'already dried fish' (20kgs) just got sold out yesterday, swooped in one go by not even a trader but just another passer-by like me. Very in-demand bulad. Da!

Why my all-of-a-sudden-interest in dried fish? Ah, you cannot get them as fresh as at the source!

By the way, where I talked to the Manang, there was no house but two little open picnic cottages. She said her house is by the roadside too. She was just here tending to her rental beach cottages and the newer (additional) batch of fish being dried under the sun - on the beach! Ah, I think I like her lifestyle.
Binogawan Beach, San Policarpo, Eastern Samar
Because I went to talk to the Manang about her "bulad".., and it was on this same beach (actually just beside Binogawan Beach Resort), there I was, merrily loving the scenes again, under a coconut tree..,

Then the driver said... "sir, malayo pa ang Borongan"..,

Ayayay let's go!

Post a Comment

0 Comments