Random Sights & Scenes 18, Cebu
Randon thoughts na rin (triggered by sounds, sights and scenes), as I keep roaming in and around Cebu...
Jeep's Wrangler 4-door Unlimited Rubicon (I think), a premium off-road edition.Have my interests widened to include personal land vehicles? Nah, not really. Pang-bus, train, RORO, fastcraft, Sarao at edroplano lang ako - though never the multicab!
I just find its color attractive, and I often see it parked on that spot at Orchard Hotel along AS Fortuna Ave. - reminds me of a friend in QC who has that in a reddish color.
That friend had been telling me about his new Rubicon (that is how he calls his unit). They even had a fun Pinatubo offroad ride last month with other wrangler owners. I was invited to tag along sana, but wasn't able to, since I was at Yolanda country na.
Sayang. But there's always a next time.
I was at the roofdeck (not that high at above 3rd floor - that would be like a 4th level of a building), I heard a woman very loudly shouting. AS IN "on top of her lungs" ba.
Alarmed somehow, I ran to the ledge to clearly see/hear what was that all about.
Haruy! Manindahay og BIKO!
Well, it was another "lesson learned"! In this area apparently, they have a unique way of "shouting out" to announce or advertize what they're peddling for all to check out.
Haay, akala ko me nag-aaway or me sunog!
It's the "Summer Intern Season"! That.., is what entered my brain when I read this:Read the caption on that photo by Reynan Villena. The first 3 words already told me: "it must have been typed [encoded ba] by a Journalism Student Summer Intern". Di ba?!
Not to ridicule as we all make mistakes paminsanminsan, especially on grammar of a language that's not in our native tongue. But if you are a daily newspaper, tarunga!
Mao na diha Mr. Editor, di ba?! If you are an institution with a flourishing business of "pag-hahatid balita" in English, you become a default "susbaranan". So, umayos you!
Hep hep hep, don't get back at me and cite my balu-baluktot na Engles. Blog ra man ni sa nothing but a wa'y lingaw nga laagan not a serious English Language Broadsheet.
Na!
Lining up to get lunch, I saw these two $#@!*% spider heads ahead of me.Those were not drawings, those were their real hair 'sculpted' with spiders. Kakaiba. Yes, kakaibang kabulastugan. Sus sige, okay na lang, mga bata pa e. Mga KSP lang.
Headturner yes, I saw that many people's attention were caught by their haircut. Me too! Napatingin at napa-picture pa ako. I'm just not sure if all of us felt the same way.
Why? Because I quietly said: stupid people.
I was passing-by USC Talamban aboard a 13C to Ayala Mall when I saw these:Hmm, those were rally placards (still complete with 'handles') placed at the university fence. Driver saw me shooting that pic and promptly told me 'nag-picket sila sa gate'.
Ayiyie, later in the day I learned it was about the university (of San Carlos) closing its general services office (GSO) in favor of outsourcing all of its functions. Ta goodbye!
Kay ku-an kuno, wala nay gamit ang GSO because of K-12. Really now? I think that's a lame reason, making it debatable. Maypa, ingna na lang gud "cost-cutting", period.
At least wa apil ang teachers. Ah bahala you!
Ikot ng ikot, sige tuyok, sige suroy, until my stomach found me here...It is not often that I enter a Harbour City Branch anywhere because they're normally too crowded for me. Yung tipong ma-aawa ka sa sarili mo pag nag-iisa ka? Ganern!
But today, a Wednesday, walay tawo. Aw ah, enter da dragon dayon! It was past five, too early for dinner, yet too late for lunch. So, I only had 1 Bacon Siomai, no rice. Da!
Syempre bitin, parang me nagpo-protesta sa tiyan at lalamunin ko! Ta, baka humingi ng permit to rally. Teknik ko: get anything sweet. Waiter suggested mantou. Go agad!I know this thing, and it had been a long time since I last saw, much less devour, any! Domestically (as in sa bahay hehe), we call it yung maliliit na siopao na walang laman!
We pair it with just about anything na maisip namin - like ulam or cheese or fruits or ube halaya or leche flan. When fried, okay din naman yan with peanut butter or jam.
At restaurants it's always paired w/ Liberty (that means condensed milk sa bahay ko!)
There was just a little issue with that one I had. I did not ask and they did not tell me 6 pcs pala ang isang order nyan hahaha! Aw pinanindigan ko rin, sayang e. Hurot oi!
Oh well, laag pa more!
A Wrangler JK
1540H 23MAY2014, AS Fortuna, Mandaue.Jeep's Wrangler 4-door Unlimited Rubicon (I think), a premium off-road edition.Have my interests widened to include personal land vehicles? Nah, not really. Pang-bus, train, RORO, fastcraft, Sarao at edroplano lang ako - though never the multicab!
I just find its color attractive, and I often see it parked on that spot at Orchard Hotel along AS Fortuna Ave. - reminds me of a friend in QC who has that in a reddish color.
That friend had been telling me about his new Rubicon (that is how he calls his unit). They even had a fun Pinatubo offroad ride last month with other wrangler owners. I was invited to tag along sana, but wasn't able to, since I was at Yolanda country na.
Sayang. But there's always a next time.
No Trouble, No Emergency, Biko lang!
1436H 25MAY2014, V&G Subd., Consolacion.I was at the roofdeck (not that high at above 3rd floor - that would be like a 4th level of a building), I heard a woman very loudly shouting. AS IN "on top of her lungs" ba.
Alarmed somehow, I ran to the ledge to clearly see/hear what was that all about.
Haruy! Manindahay og BIKO!
Well, it was another "lesson learned"! In this area apparently, they have a unique way of "shouting out" to announce or advertize what they're peddling for all to check out.
Haay, akala ko me nag-aaway or me sunog!
Wrong Grammar - The Freeman!
1417H 26MAY2014, V&G Subd., Consolacion.It's the "Summer Intern Season"! That.., is what entered my brain when I read this:Read the caption on that photo by Reynan Villena. The first 3 words already told me: "it must have been typed [encoded ba] by a Journalism Student Summer Intern". Di ba?!
Not to ridicule as we all make mistakes paminsanminsan, especially on grammar of a language that's not in our native tongue. But if you are a daily newspaper, tarunga!
Mao na diha Mr. Editor, di ba?! If you are an institution with a flourishing business of "pag-hahatid balita" in English, you become a default "susbaranan". So, umayos you!
Hep hep hep, don't get back at me and cite my balu-baluktot na Engles. Blog ra man ni sa nothing but a wa'y lingaw nga laagan not a serious English Language Broadsheet.
Na!
Weird Hairdo!
1307H 28MAY2014, Jollibee Consolacion Branch.Lining up to get lunch, I saw these two $#@!*% spider heads ahead of me.Those were not drawings, those were their real hair 'sculpted' with spiders. Kakaiba. Yes, kakaibang kabulastugan. Sus sige, okay na lang, mga bata pa e. Mga KSP lang.
Headturner yes, I saw that many people's attention were caught by their haircut. Me too! Napatingin at napa-picture pa ako. I'm just not sure if all of us felt the same way.
Why? Because I quietly said: stupid people.
Union Strike at USC-TC
1436H 28MAY2014, Talamban,Cebu.I was passing-by USC Talamban aboard a 13C to Ayala Mall when I saw these:Hmm, those were rally placards (still complete with 'handles') placed at the university fence. Driver saw me shooting that pic and promptly told me 'nag-picket sila sa gate'.
Ayiyie, later in the day I learned it was about the university (of San Carlos) closing its general services office (GSO) in favor of outsourcing all of its functions. Ta goodbye!
Kay ku-an kuno, wala nay gamit ang GSO because of K-12. Really now? I think that's a lame reason, making it debatable. Maypa, ingna na lang gud "cost-cutting", period.
At least wa apil ang teachers. Ah bahala you!
Harbour City Fried Mantou
1723H 28MAY2014, Ayala Center Cebu.Ikot ng ikot, sige tuyok, sige suroy, until my stomach found me here...It is not often that I enter a Harbour City Branch anywhere because they're normally too crowded for me. Yung tipong ma-aawa ka sa sarili mo pag nag-iisa ka? Ganern!
But today, a Wednesday, walay tawo. Aw ah, enter da dragon dayon! It was past five, too early for dinner, yet too late for lunch. So, I only had 1 Bacon Siomai, no rice. Da!
Syempre bitin, parang me nagpo-protesta sa tiyan at lalamunin ko! Ta, baka humingi ng permit to rally. Teknik ko: get anything sweet. Waiter suggested mantou. Go agad!I know this thing, and it had been a long time since I last saw, much less devour, any! Domestically (as in sa bahay hehe), we call it yung maliliit na siopao na walang laman!
We pair it with just about anything na maisip namin - like ulam or cheese or fruits or ube halaya or leche flan. When fried, okay din naman yan with peanut butter or jam.
At restaurants it's always paired w/ Liberty (that means condensed milk sa bahay ko!)
There was just a little issue with that one I had. I did not ask and they did not tell me 6 pcs pala ang isang order nyan hahaha! Aw pinanindigan ko rin, sayang e. Hurot oi!
Oh well, laag pa more!
#CentralVisayas #TravelPhilippines #MetroCebu
Comments
Post a Comment