Artworks At Ayala Center Cebu

Something interesting I saw today at the fountain area upstairs near the new chapel, some restaurants, bar and coffee shops. I do wonder what they're supposed to mean.

I'm used to encountering art installations usually accompanied by short descriptions and/or titles and/or artists. These ones don't have any. I looked around, wala talaga.

I asked a barista at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, she told me she doesn't know anything about those, except that "bag-o pa man na diha, sir". Hmm, maybe 'coming soon' pa!

They're intriguingly interesting, I really would like to know.

On this group, each foot seem to have a corresponding giant tsinelas underneath.
I am sure each giant foot means something. Or probably the whole rendition of feet and flipflops are supposed to convey a message to us? Lovely. But what? Unsa na?!

Okay sige.., kahit naiinis, I proceeded to the next one (behind me) after this fountain.
I'm sure you know the feeling hehe - yung inis-na-inis ka because you just can't have the infos you want? Parang trying to recall a name, but you can't remember? Ganun!

And here's the other group of sculptures - they even look more catchy & engaging!
It would be easier to interpret this group of interesting somber figures, than those 6 giant feet at the other end, right? Contemplating, thinking, planning, even scheming!

Yet I still have more questions. Where are the descriptions and/or the artist name/s man lang? Unless that, is/was part of the installations' objectives - arouse curiosity.

If so, ayun effective sya, dahil nanggagalaiti na ako malaman what they all mean!

Haiszt! Whatever! Basta, magandang kind of art. Pulido. Even worth purchasing!


Update 8/16/2014 (I'm in QC), I saw this:


Ah okay, so yun pala yun - artworks by Juan Guido Lubanga, Cebuano. Yet, I do still have questions as to the artwork titles and meanings. What is/are the message/s?

Anyway.., nice baya, even if they make those installations permanent.
#CentralVisayas #TravelPhilippines #AyalaMalls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Beware of JAM / Tritran Bus

Seaside Dampa, Macapagal Boulevard