Bantayan Sunrise


Good Morning! I meant to say that 'two-word sentence' for two marvelous awesome reasons: 1) I was greeting the world a "good morning" and 2) I was describing what I was seeing, a very "good morning"!

This was only 5:03AM. I rushed out of the room to see and savor this wonderful show...

I planned for this! Yesterday I woke up early too, but still missed the exact sunrise time...

Thankfully, it was not too cloudy in the east. So there was a good chance I'd see the sun pop in!

At exactly 5:20AM, there it was... Sunrise on Bantayan Island, Philippines!

But... you have to enjoy every second of it, because it is mesmerizingly magically quick!

Now If you think I have such a weird interest, well I am not unique, as I was not alone...

Look! A number of people (even with hi-tech gadgets) were also out to witness the spectacle...

I think it's not even 'kakaiba' to sunrises on other islands, but it's spectacular just the same...

Almost like a watercolor painting with slowly changing colors. I liked the many shades of blue!

Looking away from the rising sun, by the way, was also a sensational sight worth capturing...

As it rose, it touched everything with pinkish reddish orangy hues, and my shadow was very very long!

But up in the sky, the blues were fast becoming lighter and brighter. Hey I saw a hawk or something!

Here here, can you see it? I asked a manong what it is called, and his reply was "igol" hahaha!
Whatever hehehe!

But the wonderful reality was 'morning has broken' and 'another day has begun' in Bantayan!
This last picture I took was at 5:51AM. So it was time to stroll around Sta. Fe town center again...

Until it was time to face reality, go back to the city, and work. Haiszt!

Comments