Duck Tour, Kananga


I was passing by some barangay in Kananga Leyte, when I saw ducks wading on a brook. They looked interestingly noisy, so I went near for a closer look at what they were all quacking about. Just curious!

In no time, the owner of them ducks came to check what I was in his farm for. He probably suspected I was about to snatch and run away with one or two or more of his birds heheh! I said "pa-picture ha"?
itik ducks at Cacao, Kananga, Leyte
Well, it turned out, not only me was curious about something.., all of them quackers were also curious about me, if I might be some heaven-sent food angel descending upon them with lots of poultry feast.

It started with a few ducks checking me out.., all of a sudden, there was a commotion, a stampede, a stream of ducks of all ages, quacking scuffling to get to me, only to find out there was nothing to eat!

[I will insert a video clip here, soon]

The manong told me this was a small-scale duck farm. But, for me, their numbers was overwhelming! Nakakatuwa nakakaaliw to see them walking, running, swimming and noisily quacking! But when they reach me, they'd just stand around, avoiding to get close to me, although on-alert, if I had food to give!

Interesting! Their behavior is no different from us! When we see or hear some commotion, we tend to follow where that thing or eventuality might be, without ascertaining veracities or truths. Basta, takbo naaa! Sugoood! Kung saan papunta ang iba, we not only go with the flow, magpupumilit pang mauna!

That probably means it is an 'animal instinct, right? Sugod nang sugod, kahit hindi alam kung ano ang sinusugod! That's not good says a wise man. But, what if there's something good doon sa sinusugod? At hindi ka sumugod dahil it is not good? Eh di advantage yung mga sumugod! So, just like the ducks, kung me nakita kang sumusugod.., walang tanung-tanong, sugod na rin! Kung walang napala, nganga!

Pero naman, kung me biyaya.., naambunan, o baka nga nauna ka pa! Life is like that!

I said "ang daming pato nito"! The driver readily corrected me "itik, sir". I asked what is the difference. Spelling daw, pato is "p-a-t-o" and itik is "i-t-i-k". Aba, ginu-good-time ako ng tantarado ah! So I instead checked online.., kaso magulo rin. Ah basta "itik" yung nasa picture sa taas! Pato is bigger and fatter!

What fascinated me in this encounter was the simplicity that is a duck farm that commanded my real attention for about two hours. Therefore, tourist attraction na rin yun! Aba, if it attracted me, it should be attractive to many others - since it's not everyday we see hundreds, if not thousands of itik ducks!

Pwede rin ang pato = duck hehe! Eh ano ang 'bibe'? Ah, that would still be a "duck tour"!

Sige go, open up your duck farms for educational tourism purposes!

Post a Comment

0 Comments