Drive Thru Car Wash


I have been passing by this area in Palo Leyte for some time now, and the name of this place got me very curious as to how a "Drive-Thru Car Wash" works, for as far as I can recall, I haven't seen one yet.
Yes I have seen some of those on TV and in youtube videos, and that there are even differernt types or kinds of wash, like there's the "basic", the "touchless" and whatever else. However, all of those that I've seen (on TV or online nga) were in other countries. I thought there is/was none yet in our dear 'Pinas.

Honestly, the most 'hi-tech' car wash, that I remember I have really actually seen, decades ago that is, when I was still in high school, was/is, that one at a gas station on EDSA cor. McKinley Road. Well, a similar thing was in Magallanes, but in both cases, driver gets off while car 'floats' via conveyor belts!

So, passing by Palo this morning, on our way to Naval, I 'remembered not to forget' this place, and told the driver "slow down, I wanted to see this drive-thru-car-wash". He instead stopped (excited din yata)!
Just seeing that whole place, we already knew we were had! But a boy came out, so my driver asked:
        Driver: hain an drive-thru? (where is the drive-thru)
        Boy: ini sir. (this is the one, sir)
        Driver: hain man nasulod it awto? (where will the car enter)
        Boy: dinhi (here) [pointing to the slot beside that pickup]
        Ako: 'doy, ano ngaran hini na carwash (kid, what's the name of this carwash)
        Boy: Drive Thru sir [pointing at the signage]
        Driver: . _ . _ . {natulala yata}!
        Ako: . _ . _ . _  {silent night}!

We knew it! "Drive-Thru" is the business name, not the service they offer. And so I told the driver (who was still immobile, probably disillusioned that he didn't see a hi-tech thing), tara na, kadna na, let's go!

As we went forward, laughing, I said "mamereste, nadale kita"!

Oh well, the "makarimadima" signs of our times! Haiszt!

Post a Comment

0 Comments