First Mayorga Visit

I know I would be coming to this place a number of times, thus the title of this article!
entering the town of mayorga leyte on the national highway
Entering town center from the north (Dulag), no more big trees by the roadside as before Yolanda. But, like others, I could discern, this town is recovering bit-by-bit (if I can call it that), as evidenced by houses, stores and other public infrastructure being 'resurrected'!

Entering the gate, I could still see ruins... oh, that old house is the "old" municipal hall!
old and new mnicipal hall buildings of Mayorga, Leyte
It houses their local PNP and COMELEC, but, affected by Yolanda just the same. Look at the roof, a big portion is actually just patched with some plastic and/or canvass material. I wish it could/would still repair this building. Tiny, but looks nice and must be historic.

Anyway, the real municipal building is that one on the left (red roof), but, also did not escape Yolanda's wrath. Oh, do you know where their legislative council holds office and regular sessions? At that little shack on the right! Well, at least just for this town, we can say, 'twas about time they were ruined, for national government to note and give budget!

Anyway again...

I had some meetings with officials of this town, inside that "new" municipal hall. Though there was no real opportunity for me to look around the way I wanted, I snuck out of the meeting venue a few times, and took a few shots of how the 'munisipyo' area looks now.

This is/was their unfinished multi-purpose building viewed from unfinished munisipyo..
townsfolk inside the multipurpose building of Mayorga, Leyte
At least it now has a roof and can serve one of its intended purposes - this time, some government agencies doing a "Leyte CARAVAN" - various services offered all in one place.

Front of the flag pole. These kids are playing "Sepak Takraw". Alam nyo ba yan? Really?!
ch9ildren playing sepak takraw in front of the municipal hall of Mayorga, Leyte
Back there is their Rural Health Unit. It will be colored green and gold too, when done!

And this is the view from the highway outside the second gate (vehicle exit)...
This big unfinished wall on the left is the multipurpose building (described above), while that one with a tarpaulin is the municipal hall under construction. Yes, Buhat Mayorga!

Okay, let's wrap it here for the moment. But, as said in my very first sentence above, I am "predicting", I will have more Mayorga stories in the months (or years?) ahead. Promise!


Post a Comment

0 Comments