8-Ounce or Sakto?


Listen up my fellow Coke addicts. This was such a fun and funny discovery!

I asked for Coke 8oz as I was devouring a delectable fried pork belly at this fastfood. This bottle was what appeared on my table but I sipped immediately anyway!
coke 8oz served on the table looks like Coke Sakto

Then…
Me: Manang, sabi ko 8-ounce, Sakto itong ibinigay mo
Manang: oo sakto gyud, 8-ounce na dong
Me: Asuuus, nagpalusot si Manang! (and I asked for extra rice)

When she returned with my extra cup of rice, she also brought an unopened bottle of the usual “Coke 8oz” that many of us are familiar with. Beaming with pride like an elementary school teacher, this jolly manang pointed to me the contents label…
two different size Coke bottles both labeled 237ml

And I really took a closer look at the two bottles! Yeah, looks can deceive...
full height picture of two different sized Coke bottles labeled 237ml

Whadyathink? Oh, here's a clearer view...
close-up of the two different sized Coke bottles clearly marked 237ml

Later in the afternoon I passed by a carinderia and asked for “Coke Sakto”. Here it is, the usual “Sakto” that all of us know. It says 200mL.
close-up of a Coke Sakto which is 200ml

Okay, my lips are sealed now. Ah, make that both feet in the mouth hahaha. Thanks to Manang, I learned something new today!

Oh well… the world is such a big classroom!

= o = o = o = o = o = o = o = o =

Please also subscribe to my youtube channel and follow/like my facebook page!


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Haha! Good for you and manang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mas chubby ang 237ml new,bottle, kesa 237 ml tall bottle, smaller at cuter ang bottle ng coke sakto 200ml

    ReplyDelete