Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Our Daily Bread #02 – Pig Pie

Well, it is no pig, but I wonder why this thing was called a Pig Pie!

I was down at Pier 4 waiting for a friend to arrive. And these inter-island boats usually arrive very early in the morning. This one I was waiting for was scheduled to dock at 7AM. At 623AM, I was of course hungry! So I looked for any food to eat or at least soup to sip. There are two gas stations a block away from the pier but these are the only things my mouth and stomach seemed to have liked – hopia baboy (I kow it's not pork too) and the Pig Pie!

I finished all slices just the same, but reading the ingredients printed on the wrapper, it said “Flour, Sugar, Salt, Oil, Water and Onion”! So where’s the pig? A friend says, maybe the oil is pig flavored hahaha. It is not!

Oh well, oh well!

 

 

ISSN 2515139.625-0750

1 comment :

  1. Its like mincemeat pie... it doesn't contain meat.

    ReplyDelete