Wrong English?

When you are traveling alone alone and not frantic, you get to notice many little things around. Such was my case at the waiting lounge as I awaited to be boarded on my Cebu Pacific flight (as usual hehe, sorry 2P and PR friends). I read that message at the bottom of the boarding pass and something caught my Taglish speaking pea of a brain. Something is not quite right. I think! hehe

Am not really good at/in/with? grammar, and many times I let that be as I seldom re-read, much less proof-read whatever I write – lalo na pag galit ako hahaha. But this time, I had nothing better to do, so that second paragraph stuck in my head. There is something wrong. I think! Should that be “boarding gate WILL BE closed” or perhaps “SHALL be closed” or “MUST be closed” or “IS closed”?

Ah eh… wala lang, I just felt like writing this one, if only to while away my time. O ayan, boarding na! Ciao folks!

Tell me, anyone please, if that is really some grammatical booboo of tech guys or there is really a reason for that seemingly twisted English!

Okay, I board now, my seat is 10A! Yey!



Post a Comment

0 Comments