Tabogon To Borbon
The return started! This was per plan, remember? Yup, that after Tabogon, I'd hop to each next southern town, until I reach Lacion or run out of time - whichever came first!
Borbon was next, so taralets!
This run is probably less than 20 kilometers, but the bus took around 20 minutes. I enjoyed it just the same, because we passed via their (coastal) old provincial road.
Well, it could have been better if I was seated at front seat or a leftside window. But, what I got was a right-side window - bus started filling, while I still roamed Tabogon.
Not that the right side views are abhorrable naman. But they're mostly hills, farms or foliage - most often they would be too close to your face, therefore too close to enjoy.
Yet as anywhere, the fields beckoned.
Sample? Look here, this was the first photo I shot after 18 minutes on the bus...Nothing special in that scene for the common tourist (hindi kasi ako common hehe)! But for my purpose as uncommon tourist, I clicked my cam for a number of reasons.
1] To capure the time (that I was already in Borbon); 2] capture my exact geographic location (a while ago, we just passed by a welcome arch, the boundary with Tabogon?); 3] that scene as 'proof of an observation' that many farms are becoming residences.
Imagine, now that I am home writing this, I have a way to tell, that I was somewhere in Brgy. Cadaruhan, the barangay north of and next to Poblacion Borbon, at 9:52AM!
How did I know that? Aw ah, because... the EXIF data of that picture above says so!
O ha?! Those are items 1] and 2] above!
Ah eh, about that 3rd item, that is part of "evolution" of our lands all over the country. But sometimes, we do get to pause and think... 'is this for better or for worse'? Di ba?
Oist that phenomenon is a great topic not only for 4th Grade Araling Panlipunan, but becomes juicier during college Philippine Society & Culture and Economics subjects.
And for us working adults, the chicken-or-egg alarm. Wala nang matirahan? Sa bukid gumawa ng bahay. Paano ang palayan at gulayan? Aw, bili na lang. Me pambili ba?!
Then the topic shifts to employment or business, profitability, inflation, population and so on... bakit ba ang dami-dami na natin sa Pilipinas? Is there still enough for all of us?!
Kulba baya 'no? However and on the other hand, who knows, this area may become part of the town center, or a new business core, or subdivision. We just don't know!
Ayan, travel broadens our perspectives.
That's the significance why I took that photo.
Anyway..,
What else did I miss during this run from Tabogon to Borbon? Well, not really "many things", since I saw most of them with my own 2 eyes - wala nga lang kodak hahaha!
Example? The Tabogon Public Market (Ceres passed by it, while exiting town center). But oks lang if I did not see much. I will visit that next time, along with other places.
I also saw a bridge without water below it. Ha? Halaka what happened? Well, that is common during summer months, right? But what if it's an interesting story. Balikan!
There was also the Tabogon Municipal Cemetery that might not be unique but rare I must say. As in their dead are buried on both sides of the highway. Ayiyiii! Muagi ba kaha ka diha during the night, alone in your motorcycle? Don't me dodong, don't me!
I am curious what came first, the highway or the mintiryo? Whatever whadever. Duu!
I also saw directional signages to Cold Spring Resorts and Beach Resorts. Hmm!
Then we zoomed by Brgy. Daantabogon. I just looked at the right-side views (since I was at rightside window), yet syempre I wondered saan kaya dito ang old settlement.
Anyway again, we passed by Nipa Bridge where I really wished I could take a picture or more. But the bus was fast, and the lady beside me was too wide I couldn't move!
That bridge marks the Tabogon-Borbon boundary. And I saw that under it (my right) was grassy dry, while to the left is a beach resort with white sand or coraline gravel.
Hmm, I'm curious... do all bridges in this area run out of water during the summer?! But it is already June 15. Sabagay, Cebu is relatively dry compared to Metro Manila.
Then I was in Borbon territory. Beach resorts beckoned. I think I saw 2 or 3 more of provincial bridges that also had no water under them, before I reached town center.
Oh okay, let's talk more about Borbon in my next story, coming up in a while!
Borbon was next, so taralets!
This run is probably less than 20 kilometers, but the bus took around 20 minutes. I enjoyed it just the same, because we passed via their (coastal) old provincial road.
Well, it could have been better if I was seated at front seat or a leftside window. But, what I got was a right-side window - bus started filling, while I still roamed Tabogon.
That would be a travel tip - if you're like me who loves the coastal and sea views, on a southern run via the eastern corridor of Cebu island, sit on the left side of the bus.
Not that the right side views are abhorrable naman. But they're mostly hills, farms or foliage - most often they would be too close to your face, therefore too close to enjoy.
Yet as anywhere, the fields beckoned.
Sample? Look here, this was the first photo I shot after 18 minutes on the bus...Nothing special in that scene for the common tourist (hindi kasi ako common hehe)! But for my purpose as uncommon tourist, I clicked my cam for a number of reasons.
1] To capure the time (that I was already in Borbon); 2] capture my exact geographic location (a while ago, we just passed by a welcome arch, the boundary with Tabogon?); 3] that scene as 'proof of an observation' that many farms are becoming residences.
Imagine, now that I am home writing this, I have a way to tell, that I was somewhere in Brgy. Cadaruhan, the barangay north of and next to Poblacion Borbon, at 9:52AM!
How did I know that? Aw ah, because... the EXIF data of that picture above says so!
O ha?! Those are items 1] and 2] above!
Ah eh, about that 3rd item, that is part of "evolution" of our lands all over the country. But sometimes, we do get to pause and think... 'is this for better or for worse'? Di ba?
Oist that phenomenon is a great topic not only for 4th Grade Araling Panlipunan, but becomes juicier during college Philippine Society & Culture and Economics subjects.
And for us working adults, the chicken-or-egg alarm. Wala nang matirahan? Sa bukid gumawa ng bahay. Paano ang palayan at gulayan? Aw, bili na lang. Me pambili ba?!
Then the topic shifts to employment or business, profitability, inflation, population and so on... bakit ba ang dami-dami na natin sa Pilipinas? Is there still enough for all of us?!
Kulba baya 'no? However and on the other hand, who knows, this area may become part of the town center, or a new business core, or subdivision. We just don't know!
Ayan, travel broadens our perspectives.
That's the significance why I took that photo.
Anyway..,
What else did I miss during this run from Tabogon to Borbon? Well, not really "many things", since I saw most of them with my own 2 eyes - wala nga lang kodak hahaha!
Example? The Tabogon Public Market (Ceres passed by it, while exiting town center). But oks lang if I did not see much. I will visit that next time, along with other places.
I also saw a bridge without water below it. Ha? Halaka what happened? Well, that is common during summer months, right? But what if it's an interesting story. Balikan!
There was also the Tabogon Municipal Cemetery that might not be unique but rare I must say. As in their dead are buried on both sides of the highway. Ayiyiii! Muagi ba kaha ka diha during the night, alone in your motorcycle? Don't me dodong, don't me!
I am curious what came first, the highway or the mintiryo? Whatever whadever. Duu!
I also saw directional signages to Cold Spring Resorts and Beach Resorts. Hmm!
Then we zoomed by Brgy. Daantabogon. I just looked at the right-side views (since I was at rightside window), yet syempre I wondered saan kaya dito ang old settlement.
Anyway again, we passed by Nipa Bridge where I really wished I could take a picture or more. But the bus was fast, and the lady beside me was too wide I couldn't move!
That bridge marks the Tabogon-Borbon boundary. And I saw that under it (my right) was grassy dry, while to the left is a beach resort with white sand or coraline gravel.
Hmm, I'm curious... do all bridges in this area run out of water during the summer?! But it is already June 15. Sabagay, Cebu is relatively dry compared to Metro Manila.
Then I was in Borbon territory. Beach resorts beckoned. I think I saw 2 or 3 more of provincial bridges that also had no water under them, before I reached town center.
Oh okay, let's talk more about Borbon in my next story, coming up in a while!
#CentralVisayas #TravelPhilippines #Roadtrip
Comments
Post a Comment