Back to Northeastern Cebu

Tara let's go?!

The plan

Catch a Ceres Bus to Tabogon, then hop to the next towns southwards, until I arrive back at Consolacion. The reason? Wala lang, joyride. Just to see their town centers.

Why were the northern-most places not included? Eh, we have been there na di ba?! Bogo, San Remigio, Medillin, Daanbantayan, we have been to their town centers na.

Ooops Medellin? No I haven't. Next time na. Promise! This time it was just Tabogon, Borbon, Sogod, Catmon. I even ran out of time for Carmen. Oh well, next time na rin!

Actually, this was a bit of a dare to my royal self!

Per plan, since I'd be departing from Lacion (not Banilad this time), I wondered how it would be to just go out to the highway and wait for passing buses, like many do. No need to start at Cebu's North Bus Terminal in Subangdaku. I was testing this theory!

Going to "northbus" just to catch a north-bound bus would be backtracking by about 9 kilometers. It would definitely have been shorter, if I started riding from Lacion na.

This joyride would be 80kms instead of 89. Not that I was in a hurry. Practical lang!

There was immediately one down side to this plan - no assurance of a front seat, as I'd be joining a bus that originated 9kms away. Aw, baka nga 'standing room only' pa!

But, that was my Plan Of The Day, so... GO ra!

Going there

An interestingly 'rare' departure for me. No times nor schedules to catch. Go when I feel like, sit when I felt like. And come what may! Maybe I should do this more often.

Up about 5ish, by 6AM I was sipping 'hot choc' at Jollibee, and at 6:22AM here I was at a building across (ADM Bldg?), palakad-lakad, waiting for a Ceres bus to pass-by.
Actually nag-withdraw din ako dyan sa kaliwa, there's a bank branch with an ATM at that area. I still remember my "walk-the-talk".., ATMs at remote towns are unreliable (either laging sira o laging no-cash) especially on weekends. Dapat 'laging handa' tayo!

Hey, aside from the vivid red & green colors of that multicab, there's something else unique in its 'character'. I know, as I often see that in this place. Taga-Lacion yata eh.

Good it made a u-turn (for me to see what I'm describing) - the destination signage.
Can you read it? It's legit hehe! When I first saw that sometime ago, I said to my self "ayay tarantado"! Because, I really thought it was written in Arabic calligraphy (abjad).

But look again, it says plain & simple "Liloan" and "Cebu" that jeepney's destinations (Metro Cebu's Jeepney Route No. 25). Instead na maasar natuwa pa nga ako. Artistic!

Walang basagan ng creativity hehehe. Unless LTFRB, LTO or Congress has a specific law on "Font Types to use on a PUV's livery". Wala naman yata. Therefore, asar-talo!

What I know is: the Route No. (e.g., 01K, 13C, 25, 62B, MI-05A, etc.) "must be painted" permanently on a vehicle. But what font to use in the route names, pwedeng wala e!

Anyway, a Ceres soon came, and I hopped in!

I knew I would still see the views that any Ceres bus passes-by, yet I knew very well too, that I won't be able to take as many photos as I want, via this kind of commute.

Why? Because it is rare to be able to grab a front seat if you don't join a bus from its origin station. In fact, what I got this time was even an aisle seat in the mid-section.

So be it, I said.

What would have I missed?
I wouldn't really know what sights and scenes I may have missed for not being on a window seat. I usually do not plan for "what surprises to see along the way" hehehe!

Example: by the boundary of Consolacion and Liloan (~1km from SM Consolacion?), I saw a street sign that said Bag-ong Daan Road. Note there's a dash (-) after "bag".

That's Cebuano, not Tagalog. Without the dash (Tagalog), Bagong Daan Road would be New Road Road. With the dash (Cebuano), Bag-ong Daan Road is New Old Road.
Note: Daan means Road in Tagalog, and Old in Cebuano!

Palaisipan! Ano ba talaga New or Old?!

I am curious why it was/is named so. Sana na-piktyuran ko man lang yung kanto na yun hehe. That is a fun part of traveling - wonderful surprises that puzzles the brain!

Travel is education. Mapapa-isip ka talaga!

That is why I need that window seat. Especially nowadays, where we do not need to buy film to take pictures hahaha! It's easier to tell my stories if I have pictures. Haay.

What else? Ah, I have always wanted to see more of Liloan. This town is just next to Consolacion on a northward run. I've been here (many times), mostly just passing by, like today. I should see more at every pass-by until I find time to properly roam here.

Ayun, in just about 7 or 8 minutes of the ride, my Ceres bus stopped at Titay's where conductor announced this was a 'CR Break' (BRB or bathroom break) 5 minutes daw.
My 1st instinct was to walk to the municipal hall and/or the church across it (I could see part of it) to take a pic or two, but 5 minutes was surely not enough, so 'wag na!

Eto, at 7AM, while others bought many things at Titay's, I had Masi + Coke outside!
Quite a sugary morning hehe! But let it be from time to time -ibigay ang hilig ng bibig!

When that 5-minute stop at Titay's was up, bus proceeded on its route and I gave up hoping to capture anything more because I was unfortunately not on a window seat.

Ah, the beaches and little beach resorts of Liloan and Compostela would have been nice views. So would've been the towns of Danao, Carmen, Catmon, Sogod, Borbon.

Sige lang. I either have been-to or going-to see them soonest one-by-one anyway.

Exactly 8:53AM, my bus arrived at Tabogon. Mga 2 hours din, but it already included all stops - at Liloan, Danao, Carmen, and for passengers getting off and on. Lingaw!

Let's continue the story in my next post.
#CentralVisayas #TravelPhilippines #CebuProvince

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Beware of JAM / Tritran Bus

Seaside Dampa, Macapagal Boulevard