New Iloilo Airport Experience 2/2

This is Part 2. Let's continue my experience at this fairly new airport that I started in Part 1 (transiting on my way from MNL to CEB). This second part was my 'return trip'.

Ang pagbabalik! Just transiting again actually, after 3 days in Cebu (for Sinulog).

Monday Arrival
This was different. My arrival 3 days ago, on an Airbus A320 from Manila, was 'usual'. Y'know, plane docks at a gate with an aerobridge, we pile out to the arrival area, tapos!

This time though, I flew-in via a turboprop (ATR-72) from Cebu, plane stopped in the midst of the apron, we walked to the building, palikuliko, voila baggage carousel na!
No stairs nor escalators. Just plain walk at ground level. Same with all new airports actually (when riding propeller planes), but this wasn't that far, as it is in CEB or MNL.

So, oks lang I think, that there is no bus (at malakas pa naman ang tuhod ko)!

Happy na. I planned well. In a matter of 3 days, I was able to experience how it is to arrive at this new Iloilo International Airport - both on a big jet and a propeller plane.

Alright. So I arrived. But we already discussed that arrival process when I came last Friday, right? Let's talk instead about transiting in ILO. Oops, tapos na rin yan di ba?!

Ah, there's something new many of you will like. Promise!

In Transit
As I said, transiting in Iloilo is no different from arriving like other passengers; going out; walking to the departure lobby; checking-in again, just like all other passengers.

But eto ka na, take note of my underlined phrase above, since lalabas na rin lang, eh di mamasyal! Yet I also already did that, right? This time I went farther out to towns!
That picture (above), was while I waited for my driver. And the ones below, while we were already going out of the airport - to the towns of Cabatuan and Santa Barbara!
I wasn't far yet, the fun already begun. As I took that photo (of an aviation school) my driver asked "ano ina sir, pactory sang eroplano"? I said "jusko 'wag naman sana haha"!

First destination Cabatuan. But let's talk about it separately. It's a long full story kasi a lot of sights & scenes, maganda, masaya. Then, 'separately too' for Santa Barbara.

Those stories are coming up next, and in a few minutes, praamis!

Meanwhile and anyway, fast-forward to 4:07PM, I was back at this airport...
That entrance is actually still far, about 3kms pa to the passenger terminal building.

My driver "does not know" (or just did not want to tell me to protect his interests hehe), but I am not sure (yet) if those multicabs are the ones that go straight to the airport.

This is a breezy ride on farm fields, though establishments are starting to sprout.
There's the passenger terminal at left, and that's the air traffic control tower at right.

No heavy traffic. Just a bottleneck - congestion due to inspections by the guards.
It is the same in Manila, Davao, Cebu and other airports, right? Somebody asked me once: is there a better way to do that? and I said: I suppose, kasi where there's a will...

Departure
Haay anyway, I was back at the departure area. Pila rin. Long. Not very long hehe!
What actually caught my utmost attention were those 2 ladies. Hu-o si Aleng Green kag si Manang Red! Wala, gusto ko lang mangumusta ano ang feelings nila hahaha!

Tambay, at a police desk no less. Sabi nga sa Catbalogan "nakapanagiya gud man"!

Anyway again, let's omit the check-in counters, it was just the same as 3 days ago - just a little more pandemonic since there were 3 flights checking-in simultaneously.

That's also the reason I didn't take photos there. Mainit ang ulo ng karamihan when there are long lines. Eh ang mga Ilonggo pa, baka awayin ako! I watched this instead:
All smiles pa sila ate. It was fascinating to watch them do that. Those are just used boarding passes that they fold and make into whatever those are. Ah, sold here too!
I saw a woman buy that swan-like thing (that one by the phone, she was paying for it). I dared ask what she would use it for. And she said "fruit basket on my dining table".

Imagine that, pera sa basura. And a unique aesthetic usable souvenir too. I wouldn't have known or seen such a thing if I were 'just sitting at home'! Travel is knowledge.

Ah, this one is even more relatable for most of you my dear readers - pasalubong!
I mean the 2 bottom pictures in that collage hehe. There is a story to those choices.

Me makukulit, pasalubong daw. Okay fine, I chose to bring them products from those brands that I like - Wewin's and BongBong's - kasi makiki-kain din ako. Bright ako oy!

For the 2 upper photos on that collage, I chose The Front for an afternoon meryenda as their baked goods looked inviting, plus, the place looked a bit sleeker and cleaner.

However, when I saw the menu, there was "batchoy"! Change of heart agad - for one last try of that delectable concoction before I flew away. In fairness manamit gid ah!

Warning: the batchoy serving is hefty - parang good-for-two! Oh, I liked that circular lounger. And the waiter gamely posed for my pic to capture a sense of how big it is.

A nicer experience than sitting idle at the pre-departure area or Mabuhay Lounge. At baka kung anu-ano nanamang kahindik-hindik na balita ang makita ko sa TV. Ayiyii!

Anyway, everything else was nothing new than what you and I already know, so back to Manila I flew, knowing that in 5 days I'd be back at this airport. Dinagyang na eh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enchanted River, Hinatuan

Beware of JAM / Tritran Bus

Seaside Dampa, Macapagal Boulevard