San Jose Afternoon Roam

Again, San Jose Occidental Mindoro, aight? Okay, clear!

I actually just dropped my backpack and headed out of Sikatuna Beach Resort.
street view of Sikatuna Beach Resort in San Jose Mindoro Occidental
I wanted to immediately see the town center, at least for the rest of the afternoon. Wouldn’t it have been nicer easier if I stayed at their downtown hotel? No, and you’ll see later, why not!

Okay, out of ‘Sikatuna Beach’ (that’s how they refer to this resort), this is what I saw…
street view of white house beach resort in san jose  occidental mindoro
One of my choices, actually just across the little concrete path from Sikatuna Beach!

Looking to my left… the beach and the sea! Inviting, but I controlled my royal self!
view of the sea and Illin Island from the street between Sikatuna Beach Resort and White House Beach Resort in San Jose Occidental Mindoro

And to my right… the highway (airport to town center) there at the end of this path...
view of the street going out to main road from Sikatuna Beach Resort

Reaching the highway, I hailed a trike going downtown. When driver asked 'where to', I casually said “simbahan”! Feeling local ba!

Views along the way…
Rizal corner Burgoz Street, one of the busier intersections at San Jose Occidental Mindoro


And the church…
front view entrance façade and bell tower of St. Joseph the Worker Cathedral in San Jose Occidental Mindoro


Rizal Park. Nice cozy gardens...
street view of Rizal Park with Jose Rizal's monument and the municipal hall at the background
Would you believe there are 10 people in this picture?! Yeah, folks of all ages!


And Rizal Monument...
front and full view of Jose Rizal monument with the municipal hall at the background in San Jose Occidental Mindoro
Either this thing (monument) is new or they have refurbished it. See that rectangular hole? Obviously for a future marker or dedication. But come to think of it, I learned something here! Yep, that those pedestals are actually hollow! Really, I thought those things are supposed to be solid!


The Municipal Hall. Old but refurbished. Nice-looking enough, right?
frontal perspective view of Bahay Pamahalaan or Municipal Hall, San Jose Occidental Mindoro


I like this monument...
full frontal view of the Liberation Monument at San Jose Occidental Mindoro
Especially from afar, if you don’t read the inscriptions, you’d think the lady is dancing some kind of a Sinulog celebration, right? But I realized she is a representation of our freedom after the world war. Those on her arms are chains that represent she just broke free!


Many cities have this, right? But in many of my roams, this sight is the same.
Senior Citizens' Center of San Jose Occidental Mindoro
They’re usually closed or there are no senior citizens around. Maybe it’s time the government start re-thinking the practicality of having such structures!


Now now... can't mistake where I was, right?!
San Jose rotunda marker by the rotary club at the corner of Rizal and Bonifacio Streets


I accidentally saw this while roaming the city streets. Yep, Mindoro Plaza Hotel, one choice I considered while browsing the web for a hotel earlier in the day.
street view of Mindoro Plaza Hotel in San Jose Occidental Mindoro room rates of Mindoro Plaza Hotel at San Jose Occidental Mindoro
But I think it was a good thing I did not get to choosing this one! Looks nicer outside than inside. At least I had a re-connection to yesteryears. Yes, that thing on the right is typewritten. Yeah, buhay pa ang makinilya hahaha! Who wants to guess the brand, aber aber?!

They showed me some rooms… this is a family room at ground floor.
family room with two big beds, a sala set and dining table at Mindoro Plaza Hotel in San Jose Occidental Mindoro
Unfortunately, I am not to keen on rooms without real windows. Well, this is at ground floor. Maybe their rooms upstairs do have big windows (if we base it from how the building looks from outside).


Then I got to see Sikatuna Town Hotel.
Sikatuna Town hotel cannot be seen except it big signage as it is surrounded by commercial stores
I think it was good of me to still try it out at Sikatuna Beach, even if I was told they were full. This one is located in some kind of a palengke area and I walked by at dusk. Not very attractive neighborhood. This pic (above) I took in the morning of the following day. Because…

This was all I got during this afternoon's roam.
rate sheet of Sikatuna Town Hotel located at their frontdesk
At least their rate sheet is not typewritten with a makinilya hahaha!


Okay, okay, I took a trike back to Sikatuna Beach Resort.


I did not catch the sunset. Didn't know this beach was a sunset view...
But from this that I saw on arrival, I suspected this place would be a good vantage to watch sundown. So, I promised myself I’ll try this again tomorrow afternoon!


Let’s go dinner and night life. Next!

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Good Afternoon,

    I hope all is well. I am a new travel travel agency based in Washington, DC and conducting business in Los Angeles, California. Please view the website below we offer discounts on hotels, flights, cruises, sporting events and theater tickets. Please feel free to search the site for your next travel arrangements and we would like to work with you in regards to your next plans. Please feel free to call me with any questions, when you have an opportunity.


    http://cheapvacationtravel.paycationonline.com

    CVT Travel Agency
    Marcos Figueroa III
    President
    202-695-6273
    president.cvt.california@safe-mail.net
    Website:
    http://cheapvacationtravel.paycationonline.com

    ReplyDelete