Manuel Roxas Monument

From the ancestral house I emerged out on the plaza again heading for the bridge. But I saw another thing.

Still part of the plaza, just across the bandstand, I stumbled upon this silent and uncentral monument. Yes it is of the late Manuel Acuna Roxas, the 5th president of this country and the shortest-serving, if I recall my high school history correctly! But he was (I think) the first-ever bar top-notcher in this country too, since he aced the very first bar-exams to be conducted. This monument is on the western edge of the plaza almost directly opposite the capitol far across but just about 3 blocks front of his ancestral residence. I like it though that behind this monument is a residential area, and facing his back is a big wooden old-era house that has been converted to what is now the Plaza Central Inn.

I saw a musem, let’s go there?!


Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Where is this located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are standing at the flagpole facing the city hall, it will be directly to your left but far beyond the end of the grounds, you'll even have to cross a street (Hughes?). Of late I have seen there is a traffic light by the corner (before the hotel).

      Delete