The Church of Guiuan, Eastern Samar

Yep, that is the parish of the Immaculate Conception at center of town. Ah everyone knows this church and compound is historic. While most folks would say the church has at least retained most of what it is, my lowly soul says everything’s a changing. It is beautiful outside and inside yes, but there are some changes that make me wish did not happen. Example: painting the walls white. It modernizes the look and brightens the church but it hides the material our forebears used. The big wooden doors with carvings are still there though and painting or varnishing it for me does not hide anything but probably helps preserve the material. Hey am not sure if the ceiling of that church has already been so in the olden days when I visited it. Is it made of tin sheets? The new floor tiles and even the newly repainted pews make the church bright and beautiful these days. But I don’t know, maybe am just longing for that certain eeriness that I felt inside that church when I was a child hehe!

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. yeah it's too bad gi usab nila ang ubang parts sa church...

    ReplyDelete