In & About The Philippines


From mountains to plains,
from waterfalls to oceans...
Of strawberries and grains,
to delectable crustaceans...

From scholarly men,
to boxing heroes and talkative politicians...
Of award winning musicians,
japayukis and emmigrating physicians...

This is the Philippines,
a great haven for tourists and balikbayans!

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

This country has so many things for people to learn from and wonder or marvel about - even for those of us who live here. The many islands would usually have different attractions, customs and cultures that I hope to all see in my lifetime. Unrealistic ambisyotic ba? Sige lang.., at least I have a goal heheh!

I write lengthily, taking notes of anything that invite my interest or curiosity. So you will mostly be in for a very long read! But I also do try to put my photos or videos (if any) to enhance the storytelling!

Oh, you will notice below each story are tags/labels of regions, provinces, towns and/or interesting subjects. You may also use the search box on the side if you're on a PC, or below if you're on a phone!

Note:
The style, my style, is to tell my stories, my feelings and my perceptions about places, people and/or events encountered. I am not here to replace "Lonely Planet". I extensively use it as reference, in fact!

If you look closely though, I don't (ah eh.., maybe "seldom") dwell on what they already tell you, like the 'when to visit', 'how much', 'what time', and all those things that travel guidebooks are supposed to tell.

At times, I do mention those basic information as part of my story. But my objective is to tell you how I felt, so that before you visit, you will have an idea on what may or may not happen to you.

Do drop me a note, a comment or even an equally lengthy story. I will be honored to reply!

Happy reading!


Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Your BLOG is off to a good start. Nice to see someone promoting one of my favorite destinations. Philippines. Personally I love Negros Oriental and Siquijor. My BLOG did a piece on Negros earlier in the year. Doing a piece soon on Siquijor. Hope you get to fill your regions with great information. Most people I have encountered know little of the Philippies or have an incorrect appreciation for all the islands available to explore. http://www.travelsapien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,

    I agree. the philippines have a lot of undiscovered destinations...maybe you should also visit parts of Northern Luzon. Heard they have good places there. In fact they have this campaign by Victory Liner? i think its called Northern Exposure where they are encouraging pinoy travellers to visit Pangasinan, Cagayan Valley, Zambales etc. Victory Liner kasi has this deluxe buses with rest rooms now plying routes to Baguio. so its all about easy and convenient road travel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi,

    i was browsing your blog and is very amazed with your writing and your travel experiences... where do you get the time and the energy dude!!?? =).. envy envy.. bad. =)

    anyways, we own a small hotel in manila near the malate area. its nothing fancy... but the basics are sure enough to be there. =)

    the name is TOILENA ROOM & BOARD,our contact number is 302-33-22. email: toilena@yahoo.com

    we do not have much to advertise at this point but i hope you could help us promote our small place which we built to cater to the budget traveller or the transient guest who wants value for money but is not willing to sacrifice the basics.

    would be more than happy to meet you and show you our place.

    honor and pleasure is ours, sir!

    thanks in advance, =)keep it safe and happy travelling!

    best regards,

    yvette yu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I read your Kawit Cavite Aguinaldo Shrine blog . It's very detailed indeed. By the way, how long was the tour of the shrine? Thanks! Nce pix too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really depends. If you are the "uh ok, let's move" type of tourist you'd be done in 30mins or so. But if like me you want to hear/listen more of the details and marvel at the things around, you'll probably spend 2hours plus a few bits more taking pictures of the outside areas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got one Proud Pinoy here. Let's keep on promoting our country :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!PROUD PINOY!Your blog really excites me,so amazing..It's really a good start to promote our country PHILIPPINES.
    Anyways,we own a beach resort here in panglao island,Dauis,Bohol..It's LA VERANDA BEACH RESORT,our contact nos. 0999906238,(038)500-3520 and 09177006392..Our website is www.laverandabeachresort.com..
    Hope you can visit Bohol and see our place.Its really my pleasure to be your partner..
    Thank you!


    Melinda Licong

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Really great Post! I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy. I have a blog on travel theme. If you're interested, we would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete