The Government's "Laglag Bala" Solution?

I pass by at least 2 airports a week, and I swear, this is the first time I saw this 'enterprise' racking up hefty 'pesoses' fast! Which, on the other hand, is an extra expense for many "alarmed passengers".

Here's my story:
Due to the number of passengers entering at the first few gates of NAIA 3, I asked my driver to let me off at the farther gates. Am not sure if I entered at the 4th or 5th gate/entrance. But it's a technique!

This thing is what I saw upon entering the first x-ray area: A company, yes a business enterprise, that wraps (mummifies!) your luggage in clear industrial plastic!
Maroon bag: the subject being mummified!
Blue shirt guy: worker
White shirt guy: passenger, owner of maroon bag - says he paid P200 for that wrapping thing, he further said "di bale nang mag-bayad ng extra, kesa naman mabiktima". Hmm, he has a point!

So, this is the government's solution? To avoid passengers being victimized by THEIR employees at the airport, they have allowed another business opportunist to wrap luggage for a fee?

Hmm, that gets me thinking...
Hmm, tumataas kilay ko...

Is that really THE solution?


===

That machine is very similar to (if not) what my friend calls a "jufu machine" at his factory. It is used to wrap crates or even furniture before being shipped for delivery to various destinations on earth.

I think I have seen this kind of "service" at some airport terminals in Indonesia and Malaysia. I think. But their service was/is to ensure that luggage don't get wet or that heavy boxes remain sturdy even when wet. I just could not imagine, such machines will land at a Philippine passenger terminal and make our luggage look ugly and undignified. Okay, alright... function over form muna tayo mga kababayan - because there are government employees who victimize passengers at NAIA!

Well, that is probably how far (or low) our government officials can do to curb a shameful crime - perpetrated by their own employees!

So help us God...


Post a Comment

0 Comments