SM Seaside City

big wooden art of a flying horse at SM Seaside City in Cebu
Another newly opened thing (for me), as I have been mostly away doing my own share of help for Yolanda victims. This one mall here is huge. How huge? I can't think of a way to describe so. But, I was informed by one of their managers that this SM is actually bigger than MOA in terms of total floor area. Oh my gee!

Happy to have seen there is a bowling center, though I think, that one at "the old SM City" Cebu is still bigger than at this new facility. But its a bowling center enough! And there is that big ice-skating plaza. Ah, because of this rink, more Cebuano kids will soon reap more medals on the ice. Mark my word!
ice skating rink at SM Seaside City in Cebu

A lot of vacant space as of today though. Some shops still have to be up. Good. Otherwise I could have really tired my aging body just by trying to have a look at every store haha! Hey, the roof deck area, I can't recall what it is called, is one fun venue. There are restaurant rows, kiosk-like outlets surrounded by flowing water, dancing fountains and many kiddie things (that adults too were trying/riding/using hehehe)! And at the time of my visit, there were live bands playing at the promenade. Yes, plural, and at separate locations in the same contiguous area. Am not sure if there were 2 or 3 of them bands. Add to that, the mesmerizing sunset view from up there!
beautiful sunset from the roof gardens of SM Seaside City in Cebu

And yes, there are designated smoking areas where the smoker is not relegated to some cramped wayward area :D

I should be back. I guess!

Post a Comment

0 Comments