Robinsons Galleria Cebu

one of the entrances of the new Roninsons Galleria in Cebu

Hey, Happy New Year!

view of the wide interiors and stores inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

Like I have been away from this blog for some time, I have also been away from Cebu about the same period of time. And oh my, today was the first time I learned and saw, that Cebu's version of "Galleria" is already up! So I went there to see what's inside hehe!

view of the wide interiors and stores inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

Yes, this was New Year's day 2016 and I was on a cab to the Metropolitan Cathedral when we happened to have passed by the edifice. Not that I did not know there was something Robinsons sprouting at this location, as I have passed by this area many times before, while it was still being constructed - probably late 2012 or early 2013, construction was well in progress.

view of the wide interiors and stores inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

Alright, I asked a guard as to when this mall opened, and the hesitant reply was... "about a year ago"! Oh my my, I have been away that long from my dear Sugbo haha. So all the more that I feel happy to have spent the holidays here. For tomorrow I go back to "field" again... haaay hoo hummmm...

kids attracted by the water fountain at an outside area of the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

What can I say? Well, as usual, when its is a Robinsons or an SM, wherever that maybe in the country, it shall be huge! So, this one is! At least not something like SM MOA or SM Seaside where I get tired roaming even just half of it. On this one... 'carry lang' as my dear Keri would say hehe.

kids areas on two floors at the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

But I think this one is bigger than the original 'Gale' (Robinsons Galleria Mall at Ortigas) that I have been used to, at least in terms of shopping area/s! I'm guessing here hehe! Shops are also sprawled at 4 levels of the building, but there are no tall extensions (yet) like you would see Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. I did notice at the smoking area (outside), there were some dudes smoking with me who all had their IDs on neck straps the way many call center agents do. Therefore, I am guessing again, there must be some kind of a BPO or something at that eastern end of the building that I think is a floor taller than the mall area.

view of the wide interiors, christmas tree and stores inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

The supermarket at ground level has some kind of a 'Rustan;s feel' while the food court at 4th level has way too few tables (and eateries). At least it does not look like a hawkers' place! But there are the good restaurants and fastfoods on evely floor level. Hey, I ate at a nice Jap restaurant at some kind of a foodie row called "Verandah"! I guess it was on level 2, since I remember I took an escalator going up there from the fountain area. Anyway...

top view of the main lobby inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

This 'Galleria' has more spacious concourses and open spaces surrounded by the shops. Nice one for photo-ops and selfies! These spaces are not boringly linear and are very nicely designed. And the biggest plus of them all... probably because it is still new... is: it is not as crowded as Ayala Center Cebu nor SM City Cebu. I can still loiter around this mall with my sanity intact!

view of the wide interiors and stores inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

Okay, I shall return ;)

view of the wide interiors and stores inside the Robinsons Galleria in Cebu

Post a Comment

0 Comments